Adding 1 Chinese Sister: Yummy Yummy!    
           
       

Isaiah 43:4

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
     
     
       

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yummy Yummy!

Just a quick update...

As many of you know Logan went back to school this week and to our surprise Mia has done wonderful!  I think it is because she is sleeping when Logan actually goes to school and has not watched him walk out the door with his backpack.  She asks for him a couple of times but seems to be happy with the answer "Logan is at school and will be home soon."

As I have posted in the past, one of Mia's biggest struggles is food.  Again, I totally understand this as there were plenty of meals in China that nothing that was put in front of me tasted good.  Yes, if I were starving I would have ate it, but who wants to be starving to eat and enjoy food?  Being a total foodie, I completely sympathize with my poor girl.  That said, tonight we went out to Naked Chop Sticks.  This is the third Asian place we have went to since having Mia and we knew it was probably the most authentic.  So, for the third time we ordered her dumplings (which she LOVED in China and has refused after one bite at both places).  She ate the first bite and said she liked them and then she ate another bite and another.  All off the sudden she started dancing in her seat and saying "yummy, yummy" in English and asking for more in Mandarin.  It was adorable.  She was actually dancing in her seat as if to say....THANK YOU...YOU PEOPLE FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!  She ate, and ate, and ate.  She was so happy.

It appears we will be making a lot more trips out to the Naked Chop Sticks!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Naked Chop Sticks! That's on our side of town! If you ever want some company, I know a small family of 4 that would love to join you and meet that precious Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Krash. I was really feeling for her on the food issue. I'm glad you found something she loves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank GOD! That's wonderful and that place is minutes away from us! Let us know if you ever want to meet up or come by afterward. : )

    ReplyDelete