Adding 1 Chinese Sister: A Glimpse of Mia's Life Before She Became an Official Member of the Krisher Clan!    
           
       

Isaiah 43:4

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
     
     
       

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Glimpse of Mia's Life Before She Became an Official Member of the Krisher Clan!

As many of you know, each month we sent Mia a care package while we were awaiting our travel clearance to go get her.  In each of the packages we sent a couple of disposable cameras.  In totally they received about 7.  When we got Mia, they gave us 2.  Most of them are taken right before she left the orphanage.  I can tell by the cut next to her eye.  She had that when we first met her.

There really are no good pictures per say, but they are priceless to me.  As some of you know, we were contemplating a trip to Mia's orphanage while we were in her province.  That said, the orphanage was 3 hours away by car.  That meant we would be in the car at least 6 hours with a little one we just met which did not sound like fun.  On top of the drive, we were concerned with how she would feel going back and having to leave all her nannies and friends again.  We were leaning against it but when we found out she had severe car sickness (according to her nannies) the choice was made for us.  That said, these pictures are all I have of her life before she officially became a Krisher.  

A note on the car sickness thing.  I think it was nerves and not car sickness at all.  She got REALLY quiet every time we got in a car and I think it was because she was afraid that we were going to leave her or that she would be taken away again.  The more we were in a car together the less upset she would get and in turn, not get sick.  By day 3 there was no more "incidents" but we still carried a bag with us just in case.

In the pictures below, you will see her friend Jhan, Jhan.  I think Jhan, Jhan and her were BFF's in the orphanage.  They were also adopted at the same time.  JJ is now living in Virgina with her new forever family.  If we look at the pictures with Mia, she gets excited and will talk and talk and talk about them.  I am starting to understand a little of what she is saying about them, but wish I could understand everything.  She does not get sad when she looks at them which both delights and amazes me since she was in such pain and agony crying out for her nanny and friends the first couple of days and especially in the middle of the night while she was sleeping.

I will post another "progress post" soon but all is well and good and we are SOOOOOO enjoying our little diva princess and all the joy she is bringing to our lives!  :)

Enjoy the pictures....  

It appears they occupied one floor of the larger building they were in
She talks about his little one quite a bit.  I can see why.  She is ADORABLE!  Good thing we did not go visit the orphanage or we may have had to take her with us! :)
Another one of her little friend

I am not sure if this was a nanny or not.  She does not call her mama so maybe it was just someone who came in to play them music.  Regardless Mia tells us she liked it when she played the piano for them. 


I guess this is playtime?  Not sure.

Not the most flattering picture, but this kinda cracks me up.  It shows her inner "tough girl".  :)  This is also a picture of her best friend Jhan, Jhan.  She still talks about Jhan Jhan today.  As you can see in pictures below, Jhan Jhan slept next to her in the crib line up.

I love to see that smile!  Notice the grass mats.  They just put blankets on them for the kids to sleep on.  Now I know why she was so uncomfortable for the first few weeks on a mattress.  It was just WAY too soft.  Poor thing.

A more serious pose and btw mama is NOT loving the shoes!  :)

Yes my sweet girl, we love you that much and more!  :)

This does not even look like my sweet, beautiful girl.  I know this was taken right before she came to be with us forever because of the cut by her eye.

This is a picture of her primary nanny.  She called and still calls her mama when she sees these pictures.  Mia LOVED her very much and I am so grateful for this woman for everything she did for Mia while we waited to come get her.  Words cannot express my gratitude for this dear soul.

We are not sure who the woman in the picture is.  Mia calls her I Ayi (pronounced I-E) which means Aunt.  This is what they call people who they know but are not nannies.  As you can see Jhan, Jhan is also in the picture.  Jhan, Jhan was adopted by a family in Virgina at the same time Mia was adopted.

Another nanny

I just had to add these next couple of ones.  They just DO NOT look like my sweet girl, but I cherish having them.  I cannot believe how much she has changed.



The crib line up.  Either she is tired or just not thrilled about having her picture taken again.

Again, the crib line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment