Adding 1 Chinese Sister: Friends and Warmer Weather!    
           
       

Isaiah 43:4

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
     
     
       

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friends and Warmer Weather!

Today marks day 97 since we got Mia!

Holy cats, this week just flew by!  One major change is pre-school, friends and how well Mia is doing.  According to her teachers, she is starting to come out of her shell and talk and play WITH the kids - not ALL of the time but I will take this "baby step"!  WHOOOOOOOOO!  This is HUGE for her since for the first couple of months she basically played alone, stuck very close to the teacher and scowled at the kids when they tried to talk to her (even when a couple of them would speak to her in Mandarin).  She has even started talking about her "friends" at school named Gabby and Addie.  It melts my heart when she says "Mia friends" and she gets excited to go to school in the morning!  :)  Her teacher also told us that during song time she decided to sing a song in mandarin to the kids.  Apparently she must have made up something silly because the other little boy who speaks mandarin in her class was cracking up!  When the teacher asked him to tell her what she sang the little boy just kept laughing and laughing but never told her what she said.

Since the weather was a bit warmer this week, Mia was able to play outside several times with some of the neighbor kids as well as some dear family friends of ours.  She had such a blast!  I am SO excited to see her outside this spring and summer.  She honestly cannot get enough outside time.  I LOVE IT!  :)

So when we brought Mia home, I always wondered what she was saying while she was playing by herself.  NOW I KNOW!  She has quite the imagination.  She tells us stories about "nice, pink, dinosaurs" who are her friends and all sorts of things.  LOVING being able to understand all the chatter.

Mike is now officially "daddy".  When we asked her why not "baba" anymore she said something to the effect that I call Mike "daddy".  UGH!  It is my fault and she is right.  I call him "big daddy" sometimes.  OH NO!  When I tried to plead my case and say to Mike, "but I call you big daddy"  she smiled and started calling him "big daddy"!  YIKES!  :)  Mike was less than thrilled but smiled his way through the conversation.  By nighttime he was back to plain ol' "daddy".  Phew!  :)  

This week Mia has been talking about her friend Jahn Jahn from China a lot.  She found a picture frame and asked me what it was.  I told her that you put a picture in it.  She said she wanted to put a picture in it.  I asked her who she wanted a picture of and she said Mama and Mia.  I said okay!  Then she told me that she wanted a picture of her and Jahn Jahn instead.  So, I found one, printed it out, put it in the frame and she took it and ran to her room.  She then came running back into my office and said "Jahn Jahn now in Mia's room" with the proudest smile on her face.  Very sweet.

One thing that threw me off a bit was that out of the blue she said she had 2 mama and two babas.  When I asked her where her other mama was she said her baba told her bye bye and made Mia cry.  OMG!  I have no idea if she was talking about her nannies and a male at the orphanage or if she was talking about her birth mom and dad.  Remember in the orphanage they referred to the nannies as mama.  I SOOOOO hope she does not remember being left.  Anyway, I quickly got out the pictures they sent us with her and her nanny in them and asked her if that was the mama and if one of the guys in the picture was baba.  The first time she said "no"!  Other mama and other baba.  And then when I asked her again a minute or two later she said, yes!  That mama and that baba!  Totally confusing.  Regardless she told me that she misses her China mama and wants her to come live with us.  All I could do was tell her I was sorry that Mia was sad and that she cried with China baba said goodbye.  Of course I told her I (and her baba (Mike) would never say goodbye and that we would be together forever.  When I told her I was sorry that happened to Mia she said "it's okay mama".  MELT.  Poor sweet girl.  I then asked her if she needed a big hug and she said "yes".  That was tough.  I always knew those conversations would happen but I am not sure I was prepared yet, especially since I am not sure exactly what she is saying.  Regardless, I know she has a lot to say and is processing a whole lot.  I am just happy she is talking to me about it.  I ALWAYS want to make it safe for her to talk to me and love her China mom and dad.  I know for certain this child was loved because of how she loves.  I will forever tell her how loved she was by them and how much we love them and are eternally grateful.  God help me on Mother's Day this year!  I will be SO happy for me, but SO heavy hearted for the woman (and man) that had to make the incredibly difficult choice to let someone else raise this sweet, amazing, adorable little girl.

Have a wonderful week everyone and God Bless!  :)

Logan reading to Miles and Mia.  Logan is so sweet to little ones.

Sweet baby Joss...Look at those AMAZING EYES...and check out those EYE LASHES!  They are to die for!  :)
The four Kings...LOVE THEM! 
John and Mia...So stinking sweet.  She just went up and put her arm around him.
John is so amazing and has such a soothing soul.  Obviously Mia felt it.  :)  I love how kids just know...
Also LOVING the post pony tail hair!  ;)
Super Moon...
Mia and her Dad looking at the super moon.  
Mia and her doll house.

2 princesses!

Logan and Mia

Silly Faces
So happy it is warm enough to play outside!


Happy!

And the pink princess is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment