Adding 1 Chinese Sister: Upcoming Birthday!    
           
       

Isaiah 43:4

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
     
     
       

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Upcoming Birthday!

What do you get a little girl for her birthday when you have never met her but love her with all your heart?  What if that little girl is your daughter?  What if you only had one website to shop from?  

As I was shopping for Mia's birthday package (she is turning 4 on Oct. 12) I went through so many crazy emotions and questions.  Of course we want to get her something she would love and know that we are thinking about her on her special day, but it pains me to say I do not know what she likes and I am completely shooting in the dark.  

Below is a couple of the pictures that Ann from RedThreadChina.com sent us of her birthday package.  She does such a beautiful job and is so kind and wonderful to work with.  We will also hire her as a tour/shopping guide while we are in China.  Right now she is really my only connection to our little Mia.  The little goat (no I never thought I would get my darling girl a stuffed goat for her birthday :)) is a character from a very popular cartoon in China that Mia (currently called Jing Jing) watches in her orphanage.  The necklace has the chinese symbol for love on it.  She will also have a 2 lb. cake (that sound really heavy to me) delivered to her orphanage by a local bakery for her, the kids, and the nannies to enjoy.  Ann has also requested that the orphanage take pictures of her at her birthday "party" with her cake and presents.  If they do, they will send them digitally to Ann and she will send them to us!  I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope we get to see pictures of her on her special day.  Pictures of her right now simply mean the world to us.  We also send her at least one letter a month (and one is also included in her birthday package) which Ann (from RedThreadChina.com) translates for us.  It is so difficult thinking of things to say to a almost 4 year old you never met, have loved in your heart for over 5 years, and yet do not know what she likes, dislikes, interests, or most importantly how she feels about her upcoming adoption.  

All that said, we are getting closer and closer every day with our paperwork and are still expected to travel some time in December.  WHOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment